Caring for your Succulent
How do I water my succulents?
You will want to use a mister or a spray bottle. The best rule of thumb is to wait until the moss or soil is dry before watering again. Depending on your climate, you will want to mist at the root once every 3-4 weeks. If you have a hanging succulent frame indoors, you will need to remove it from the wall before watering.
Where should I put my succulents?
Succulents can absolutely grow inside, but you will want to make sure they are receiving enough sunlight. They love bright, indirect sunlight, so putting them by or near a window is best.
Do succulents like a lot of water?
This is very important...do not over-water! I know some of you think you are loving your plants more when you give them more water, but it is quite the opposite for succulents. They like drier soil, so let your soil dry out before you mist it again. That's why we recommend misting to help prevent this.
Can I leave my succulent frame out in the winter?
Some succulents can tolerate frost but typically succulents hate the frost. They are mostly water based, so when put in freezing conditions, they freeze and die. If your climate lends itself to frost then it is best to bring your succulent garden inside until the frost is gone.
What If you need to replant?
When dealing with live plants, sometimes one just doesn't make it. It's okay, you're not a horrible person. It happens to the best of us. Just follow these simple steps to replace a lost one.
1. Go to your local nursery and pick up a 2" succulent of your choice.
2. Lay your vertical garden flat and in an area that can get a little messy.
3. Remove the moss that is around the lost succulent and put aside.
4. Pull out the dead succulent
5. Dig out enough soil in that area for the new succulent to fit.
6. Put the new succulent in the hole you just created and pack the soil down around it.
7. Add additional soil if needed
8. Lightly mist it to help the soil compact
9. Get a chopstick or skewer to help you weave the moss you set aside. You will want to weave and tuck the moss around the new succulent.
10. Let the vertical garden sit flat for 1 week until the new succulent gets acclimated.
11. Simply hang back up and enjoy!